RECENT NEWS and EVENTS
NAMDEVCO is now on facebook
WHERE TO SELL PRODUCE?
Listings of Potential Buyers
WHERE TO BUY PRODUCE & SEA FOOD?
Locally, produce can be obtained from the following below:
WHERE TO PACK PRODUCE
NAMDEVCO offers packing services for fresh fruits and vegetables through its certified Packhouse in Piarco. (more)
Agricultural Production Data in Trinidad and Tobago
In mid-2014, NAMDEVCO conducted a country-wide survey to ascertain the Food Crop Production across Trinidad and Tobago.
PURPOSE 1-To estimate the level, changes and trends in economic activity in the agriculture sector as part of an analysis of overall economic growth
-To forecast changes in activity in the agriculture sector on a quarterly and annual basis
PURPOSE 2To facilitate analysis and forecasting of food inflation
PURPOSE 3To facilitate analysis of actual and expected movements in the country’s food import bill.
The Survey obtains the following data from the respondents:
1. County (Caroni CARO, Nariva/Mayaro NAMY, Saint Andrew/Saint David STAD, Saint George East STGE, Saint George West STGW, Saint Patrick East STPE, Saint Patrick West STPE, Victoria VICT)
3. Crop Variety
5. No of Plants
6. Crop Stage
7. Projected Harvest Period (start and end)
8. Projected Yield (kg)
9. Irrigation – present/ not present
10. Drainage – present/ not present
11. Access road – type (Gravel, Paved, Unpaved)
The survey collected this data for 80 food crops.
Download Survey Results here: NAMDEVCO 2014 Production Data Survey